From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- An atom or group of atoms that has gained one or more electrons.
- A negatively charged ion.
Source: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- A negatively charged ion such as a chloride ion, Cl-.
Source: Biotechnology Glossary
- A negatively charged atom or group of atoms produced by gain of electrons. Compare cation.
Source: Leet, L. Don. 1982. Physical Geology, 6th Edition. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall
- A negatively charged ion, such as a hydroxide, chloride, or sulfate ion; opposite of cation. Webster 3rd
- An atomic particle with a negative charge; one attracted to the anode. CF: cation
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms