From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- Any substance that produces or promotes cancer. This is a key consideration in evaluating the safety of pesticides and other chemicals.
- A substance capable of causing or producing cancer in mammals.
- a chemical capable of producing cancer
Source: Jenkins, John B. 1990. Human Genetics, 2nd Edition. New York: Harper & Row
- A substance that induces cancer.
- A substance capable of inducing cancer; carcinogenesis is the complex, multistep process of cancer development.
Source: Biotechnology Glossary
Sponsor: Download ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard