From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- A structure which provides ventilation.
- An ore shoot or pipe. See also: chute
- A term used for limestone pinnacles bounding zinc ore deposits.
- A vertical or nearly vertical staple shaft between a lower and an upper coal seam.
- An orebody that is roughly circular or elliptical in horizontal cross section, but may have great vertical extent. Nelson
- A restricted section in a lode; rising steeply and unusually rich. See also: pipe
- A cylindrical vent for volcanic rock. Standard, 2
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms