From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- (rDNA) The technique of isolating DNA molecules and inserting them into the DNA of a cell ("recombining DNA"). Also known as genetic engineering.
- a technique for transferring genetic material from one organism to another.
- a new DNA sequence formed by the combination of two nonhomologous DNA molecules
Source: Jenkins, John B. 1990. Human Genetics, 2nd Edition. New York: Harper & Row
- The process of cutting and recombining DNA fragments from different sources as a means to isolate genes or to alter their structure and function.
- The new DNA that is formed by combining pieces of DNA from different organisms or cells.
Source: Terms of the Environment
Sponsor: Pizza of the Month Club