From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
A small selection of useful links in the field of acoustics.
- Acoustical Society of America
- Since its organization in 1929, the Society has grown steadily in membership and stature. At this time nearly 7000 men and women who work in acoustics throughout the U.S. and abroad belong to this prestigious Society. A variety of fields related to sound are represented. This diversity, along with the opportunities provided for the exchange of knowledge and points of view, has become one of the Society's unique and strongest assets. From the beginning, the Acoustical Society has sought to serve the widespread interests of its members and the acoustics community in all branches of acoustics, both theoretical and applied. The Society is primarily a voluntary organization and attracts the interest, commitment, and service of a large number of professionals. Their contributions in the formation, guidance, administration, and development of the ASA are largely responsible for its world-wide preeminence in the field of acoustics.
- Church Audio & Acoustics Glossary
- DICTIONARY OF TECHNICAL TERMS FOR AEROSPACE USE
- Electronic Journal Technical Acoustics (EJTA)
- This journal is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes original articles in all areas of acoustics and related branches (mechanics, wave phenomena, signal processing etc.). EJTA has benefits of an electronic journal: speed of publication and very wide circulation. EJTA is available without charge to readers via the Internet: www.ejta.org.
- Authors are encouraged to take full advantage of the electronic medium to include colors, video, audio or other innovative presentation formats and links to more extensive tutorial information or data. Maximum article size is 16 pages A4 and 1 Mb disc space. Detailed information about the journal you can find on the above website.
- Readers and authors are welcome.
- -- suggested by Igor Grushetsky (editor)
- International Foundation for Telemetering
- The basic purpose of the IFT is the promotion and stimulation of technical growth in telemetering and its allied arts and sciences. This is accomplished through sponsorship of technical forums, educational activities, and technical publications. The Foundation endeavors to promote unity in the "Telemetering Community" it serves, as well as ethical conduct and more effective effort among practicing professionals in the field.
- Precision Filters, Inc.
- Since 1975 Precision Filters, Inc. has been a global provider of instrumentation for test measurements. You can rely on a single source for signal conditioning and switching�a complete range of instrumentation�products optimized to work together to provide high performance at reasonable cost.
- Testing 12 12
- Testing 1 2 1 2 is a site for live sound engineers in the UK.
- -- suggested anonymously
- The Electric Eclectic
- The World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society
- The WSEAS, pronounced: "W" - seas, is a world, scientific-engineering, academic, non-profit organization that promotes the development and the unified consideration of new mathematical methods and computational techniques as well as their applications in science and engineering. Also, WSEAS supports, in general, the research and the diffusion of the scientific and engineering knowledge, especially in the areas of mathematics, computer science and electrical engineering as well as their interaction to other sciences (physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, engineering, earth sciences, space sciences etc...)..