From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- (environment) Any physical, chemical, or biological entity that can be harmful to an organism (synonymous with stressor).
Source: Terms of the Environment
- The manager of a mining property. Zern
- On a civil engineering contract, the responsible representative of the contractor, acting for him or her in all matters. Hammond
- Before nationalization in Great Britain, the term referred to the chief official of a large coal mine or group of mines under the same ownership. After nationalization, the equivalent term is group manager. Nelson
- A chemical added to pulp to produce desired changes in climate of the system. Pryor, 3
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms