From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- The planned direction of a tunnel or other roadway driven irrespective of coal seam or orebody structure; the planned direction of longwall panels or face lines. Nelson
- Formation or position in line, or, more properly, in a common vertical plane. Seelye, 2
- The laying out of the axis of a tunnel by instrumental work. Stauffer
- See: coplaning
- In railway or highway surveying, the ground plan, showing the alignment or direction of the route to be followed, as distinguished from a profile, which shows the vertical element. Seelye, 2
- The act of laying out or regulating by line; adjusting to a line.
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms