From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- (architecture) 
- raised panel below a window or wall monument or tablet.
- open portion of a marine terminal immediately adjacent to a vessel berth, used in the direct transfer of cargo between the vessel and the terminal.
- concrete slab immediately outside a vehicular door or passageway used to limit the wear on asphalt paving due to repetitive turning movements or heavy loads.
- (geology) 
- A canvas-covered frame set at such an angle in a miner's rocker that the gravel and water in passing over it are carried to the head of the machine.
- An amalgamated copper plate placed below a stamp battery, over which pulp passes. The free gold contained in the pulp is amalgamated by mercury on the plate.
- A broad shallow vat used for evaporating. Webster 3rd
- A receptacle or endless belt for conveying material (such as rock) by means of a cableway and trolley. Syn: traveling apron Webster 3rd
- The front gate of a scraper body. Nichols, 1
- See: morainal apron
- Glossary of architecture
- Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms
Sponsor: Reliable Lockout/Tagout Products