From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- Crystallographic directions through a crystal; used as lines of reference. Hurlbut
- Reference coordinates a, b, c, in crystallography, crystallographic axes.
- Directions of apparent isotropy in anisotropic crystals, optic axes.
- Elements of rotational symmetry, symmetry axes.
- In ellipsoids representing the Fletcher indicatrix of refractive indices, semiaxes represent optic directions. Singular: axis. Also called optic axes.
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms