From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- The ignition of a heavy explosive charge. Syn: shot
- A miner's term for compressed air underground. Nelson
- Scot. A fall of water in the downcast shaft to produce or quicken ventilation.
- A suffix signifying a texture formed entirely by metamorphism. AGI
- The operation of increasing the diamond exposure on a bit face by removing some of the matrix metal through the abrasive action of grains of sand carried in a high-pressure stream of air. Also called sandblast. Long
- An increase in firing temperature of a kiln immediately before ending the firing operation.
- The period during which a blast furnace is in blast; i.e., in operation.
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms
Sponsor: Take your style up a level with VIVAIA heels. Free Shipping on all orders. Shop Now!