From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
A complex set of formal, secondary relationships in which
- entry into statuses is controlled by rigid norms;
- people specialize in narrowly-defined tasks;
- roles are rigidly defined by rules;
- power is distributed in a clear hierarchy;
- managers specialize in making sure everything works according to the rules; and
- decisions are based on rational considerations of the organization's best interests rather than on personal feelings of individuals.