From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- An individual closed shell, bag, or tube of circular cross section containing explosive material. Atlas
- A cylindrical, waterproof, paper shell, filled with high explosive and closed at both ends, that is used in blasting.
- A cylindrical, waterproof, paper shell filled with cement or other material used in plugging or sealing cavities or cavey ground encountered in drilling a borehole. See also: plug
- Cylinder--about 4 in (10 cm) long and 2-1/2 in (6.4 cm) in diameter--of highly compressed caustic lime made with a groove along the side, used in breaking down coal.
- A single pellet of explosive, which may be 4 oz or 8 oz (113.4 g or 226.8 g). Nelson
Source: Dictionary of Mining, Mineral, and Related Terms