From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- (anthropology, archaeology)
- a blocky nucleus of stone from which flakes or blades have been removed.
- a column or lineal sample of materials obtained by "coring" the ground, trees, etc.
- (chemistry) The central portion of a nuclear reactor containing the fuel elements, moderator, neutron poisons, and support structures. Source: U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- The uranium-containing heart of a nuclear reactor, where energy is released.
Source: Terms of the Environment
Sponsor: Handmade Framed Prints from Cornwall