From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- The random scattering of sound waves. A convex surface acts as a diffusor.
Source: Church Audio & Acoustics Glossary
- diffusion: when elements of one culture spread to another without wholesale dislocation or migration.
- passage of molecules of one substance among those of another, from a region of greater concentration to one of lower concentration
Source: Noland, George B. 1983. General Biology, 11th Edition. St. Louis, MO. C. V. Mosby
- The process through which elements of culture spread from one society to another.
- The movement of suspended or dissolved particles (or molecules) from a more concentrated to a less concentrated area. The process tends to distribute the particles or molecules more uniformly.
Source: Terms of the Environment