From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
Born: Wahoo, Nebraska, October 28, 1896
Died: Rochester, New York, February 26, 1981
- Orchestral Music:
- Symphony No. 2, "Romantic"
- Symphony No. 3
- Symphony No. 4
- Symphony No. 5, "Sinfonia Sacra"
- Other Works:
- Merry Mount, opera
- Symphony No. 1, "Nordic"
- Concerto for Piano and Orchestra
- Serenade for Flute, Harp, and Strings
- The Lament for Beowulf, for chorus and orchestra
- Song of Democracy, for chorus, soloists, and orchestra
Source: Cross, Milton, and David Ewen. 1962. Milton Cross' Encyclopedia of the Great Composers and Their Music. Garden City, New York: Doubleday.