From WebRef.orgJump to navigationJump to search
- the association of genes on the same chromosome.
- inheritance of traits in groups because their genes are near each other (linked) on the same chromosome
Source: Noland, George B. 1983. General Biology, 11th Edition. St. Louis, MO. C. V. Mosby
- the association of genes on the same chromosome
Source: Jenkins, John B. 1990. Human Genetics, 2nd Edition. New York: Harper & Row
- The frequency of coinheritance of a pair of genes and/or genetic markers, which provides a measure of their physical proximity to one another on a chromosome.
- Linkage is the close association of genes or other DNA sequences on the same chromosome. The closer two genes are to each other on the chromosome, the greater the probability that they will be inherited together.
Sponsor: Buy Compression Socks at a discount price. Shop Now at DiscountMedicalSupplies.com!